The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you."

(New Testament John 16:13 - 15)

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God

Zion and Jerusalem, June 18, 2013



Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;




(Doctrine and Covenants Section 18:10)





An acquaintance of mine in Facebook a social site posted:



“Stop letting the enemy convince you that you're worthless!!! You are who GOD says you are!! Nothing more! Nothing less!! You are VALUABLE!!!”





To which I, Miguel Angel Tinoco, not one bit light mindedly, replied:



And what is that or who are you, if I may ask?




Or in other words, how do we rise up from the dust or our carnal, sensual and devilish humanity or nature? What is our identity or how do we find it?




Who shall wake me up?




who shall rouse him up?




(Old Testament Genesis 49:9)




And again I say unto you as I have said before, that as ye have come to the knowledge of the glory of God, or if ye have known of his goodness and have tasted of his love, and have received a remission of your sins, which causeth such exceedingly great joy in your souls, even so I would that ye should remember, and always retain in remembrance, the greatness of God, and your own nothingness, and his goodness and long-suffering towards you, unworthy creatures, and humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily, and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come, which was spoken by the mouth of the angel.




(Book of Mormon Mosiah 4:11)





Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion.



For thus saith the LORD, Ye have sold yourselves for nought; and ye shall be redeemed without money. For thus saith the Lord GOD, My people went down aforetime into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause.



Now therefore, what have I here, saith the LORD, that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl, saith the LORD; and my name continually every day is blasphemed. Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I.




(Old Testament Isaiah 52:2 - 6)



When I grew up in the country that I was born, I was told that my people, the ancient inhabitants of America, were a mixture of many eastern races that came to this continent across the straight of Bearing. That man made invention or false assertion took away my double identity. It kept me suppressed and in bondage of error and sin. If I never knew who I was, it mattered not where I should go or where I came from. But the BOOK of MORMON, another testament of Jesus Christ, gave me back my identity. In it I learned first, that I am an Israelite or of the people of the LORD like the Jews, only that from a different tribe of the house of Israel, even the tribe of Joseph, the same who was sold into slavery by his brethren because of envy. And that the LORD had a great many blessings in store for me and for my people just for being of the seed of Abraham and of the children or stock of the prophets. Then I learned the most important thing, which is that I am like unto GOD or a child of GOD made in the likeness and image of GOD, even our Father which is in heaven. And that there are divine attributes and potential in me as well as in you the very same way they are in Jesus, the Christ. And that the enemy of all righteousness thru falsehood and other pernicious deceptions wants to suppress that knowledge from us and supplant it with a fleeting or fictitious identity.






Now, being of the seed of the Hebrews does not guarantees salvation without righteousness, because the LORD can make children of Abraham out of these stones, but I never imagined that I could have the same privileges of Jesus if I follow his example and endure to the end in keeping his commandments., by his grace I will inherit a place in the mansions of the Father. And for these purposes we have all the scriptures. The Bible teaches us about Christ and his dealings with men in the old world, but with the Book of Mormon we get closer to him even to the point of Knowing him as He is. My fathers knew him and he visited them many times. And I am preparing myself to the best of my ability to meet him and embrace him. And this is why I want to give you a free electronic link to a copy of the book of Mormon. And there is more from where that comes from:




THE BOOK OF MORMON



Another Testament of Jesus Christ.




For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do. And, notwithstanding we believe in Christ, we keep the law of Moses, and look forward with steadfastness unto Christ, until the law shall be fulfilled. For, for this end was the law given; wherefore the law hath become dead unto us, and we are made alive in Christ because of our faith; yet we keep the law because of the commandments. And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.




(Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 25:23 - 26)





If any of you truly believe in the Old Testament of the Bible there is no way you will deny the truthfulness of the New Testament of the Bible. And if you truly believe in Jesus Christ and the writing of the whole Bible as it is translated correctly, there is no way you can disbelieve the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon because they compliment and support each other. NO way Jose!!! And better yet, if you truly believe in the Book of Mormon, that it is the word of God as the other collection of books of the bible previously noted, you can believe almost anything that the LORD would reveal thru his servants the living prophets. And then you can say without fear of reprisal or reservation of thought that like me and like Paul and the articles of Faith of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- Day Saints which say:




 
We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.




(Pearl of Great Price Articles of Faith 1:13)





But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry. And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal. And it speaketh harshly against sin, according to the plainness of the truth; wherefore, no man will be angry at the words which I have written save he shall be of the spirit of the devil.



I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell. I have charity for my people, and great faith in Christ that I shall meet many souls spotless at his judgment–seat.



I have charity for the Jew—I say Jew, because I mean them from whence I came. I also have charity for the Gentiles. But behold, for none of these can I hope except they shall be reconciled unto Christ, and enter into the narrow gate, and walk in the strait path which leads to life, and continue in the path until the end of the day of probation.



And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believe in Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.


And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.



And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day. And now, my beloved brethren, all those who are of the house of Israel, and all ye ends of the earth, I speak unto you as the voice of one crying from the dust: Farewell until that great day shall come. And you that will not partake of the goodness of God, and respect the words of the Jews, and also my words, and the words which shall proceed forth out of the mouth of the Lamb of God, behold, I bid you an everlasting farewell, for these words shall condemn you at the last day. For what I seal on earth, shall be brought against you at the judgment bar; for thus hath the Lord commanded me, and I must obey. Amen.




(Book of Mormon 2 Nephi 33:3 - 15)



 


Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God;




(Doctrine and Covenants Section 18:10)



Of these things I, an unworthy servant in the hands of Christ solemnly and powerfully testify as with a voice of trump and as one having authority in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, amen.




Your unworthy and most attentive servant




Miguel Ángel Tinoco ROD-TREE-JESSE



No comments: