The glory of God is intelligence, or, in other words, light and truth

"Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you."

(New Testament John 16:13 - 15)

Friday, October 21, 2011

THE FOOLS MOCK BUT THEY SHALL MOURN


Zion, October 21, 2011


WalkerLightning commnet:






Um, yeah. The Book of Mormon. Read it. Agreed with Mark Twain 100%.

“All men have heard of the Mormon Bible, ... The book is a curiosity to me, it is such a pretentious affair, and yet so "slow," so sleepy; such an insipid mess of inspiration. It is chloroform in print. If Joseph Smith composed this book, the act was a miracle -- keeping awake while he did it was, at any rate. If he, according to tradition, merely translated it from certain ancient and mysteriously-engraved plates, which he declares he found under a stone, ... the work of translating was equally a miracle, for the same reason.

The book seems to be merely a prosy detail of imaginary history, with the Old Testament for a model; followed by a tedious plagerism of the New Testament. The author labored to give his words and phrases the quaint, old-fashioned sound and structure of our King James's translation of the scriptures; and the result is a mongrel -- half modern glibness, and half ancient simplicity and gravity. The latter is awkward and ; constrained; the former natural, but grotesque by contrast. Whenever he found his speech growing too modern -- which was about every sentence or two -- he ladled in a few such Scriptural phrases as "exceeding sore," "and it came to pass," etc., and made things satisfactory again. "And it came to pass" was his pet. If he had left that out, his Bible would been only a pamphlet.

The Mormon Bible is rather stupid and tiresome to read, but there is nothing vicious in its teachings. Its code of morals is unobjectionable – “



Miguel’s Response:


I have heard this before. So, if you like Mark Twain you must like the Book of Mormon!!! I have not read Mark Twain, but I am looking forwards to, one of this day. Did mark Twain Book has also a non vicious and unelectable code of Morals?



You my friend are fulfilling prophecy quite distinctively. I commend you for that and for commenting on it. However, I cannot agree with all you said. That chloroform and supposedly plagiarized account or potentially stupid pamphlet as you differentially call the Book of Mormon, has gotten me and at least another 14, 000, 000 million faithful and enthusiastic souls closer to God than any other book on earth. Thanks to it I better understand the Bible and the true and saving doctrines and atonement of Jesus Christ, the redeemer of the word and the son of the living God. By reading, searching and striding it precepts, I have not only discovered but also confirmed my true Israelite identity, the covenants and the standing promises that God made to my to the ancients of my people. Through it also, I have learned to speak and write in English language, a thing that I never learned from Mark Twain, who ever he is.



I testify to you and to all that read these words that independently of any one under heaven that the Book of Mormon is the word of God as it is the Bible. One is not without the other and they also complement each others as witnesses of the dealings of same God with all his children. Out of all the things that your wrote, even you can’t deny that its moral principles are undeniable. And that slow, insipid, mess of inspiration as you also call it, is but the simplicity of the word of God to his humble followers. The stupor of mind that you felt as you gazed though its pages was the spirit of the Book trying to break the cloak of a grossly darkened mind so you would testify of the goodness thereof. The book speaks specifically of people like you who may never rip the fullness of its benefits, beyond mere curiosity. I think you are scared of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon, for it is an almost unbelievable miracle in these latter days, such as the God speaking to men and commanding them to write as he did to Joseph Smith, many others and even I.



Here is the word of the LORD to you in a couple of intense excerpts that by no means you will find in Mark Twains Literature. This may also prove to you the ample foresight of Joe Smith to prophetically write a marvelous, yet fictitious literary account so powerful that has relevance and chloroforms or entopic effects to so many people such as you and me nearly two hundred years in advance. For verily I say unto you saith the LORD:





BUT behold, there shall be many—at that day when I shall proceed to do a marvelous work among them, that I may remember my covenants which I have made unto the children of men, that I may set my hand again the second time to recover my people, which are of the house of Israel; And also, that I may remember the promises which I have made unto thee, Nephi, and also unto thy father, that I would remember your seed; and that the words of your seed should proceed forth out of my mouth unto your seed; and my words shall hiss forth unto the ends of the earth, for a standard unto my people, which are of the house of Israel.



And because my words shall hiss forth—many of the Gentiles shall say: A Bible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible.



But thus saith the Lord God: O fools, they shall have a Bible; and it shall proceed forth from the Jews, mine ancient covenant people. And what thank they the Jews for the Bible which they receive from them? Yea, what do the Gentiles mean? Do they remember the travails, and the labors, and the pains of the Jews, and their diligence unto me, in bringing forth salvation unto the Gentiles?



O ye Gentiles, have ye remembered the Jews, mine ancient covenant people? Nay; but ye have cursed them, and have hated them, and have not sought to recover them. But behold, I will return all these things upon your own heads; for I the Lord have not forgotten my people.



Thou fool, that shall say: A Bible, we have got a Bible, and we need no more Bible. Have ye obtained a Bible save it were by the Jews? Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the isles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the earth beneath; and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?



Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the testimony of two nations is a witness unto you that I am God, that I remember one nation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two nations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also. And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the same yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my words according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one word ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my work is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.



Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my words; neither need ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written. For I command all men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall write the words which I speak unto them; for out of the books which shall be written I will judge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written. For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it. And it shall come to pass that the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the lost tribes of Israel; and the lost tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews. And it shall come to pass that my people, which are of the house of Israel, shall be gathered home unto the lands of their possessions; and my word also shall be gathered in one. And I will show unto them that fight against my word and against my people, who are of the house of Israel, that I am God, and that I covenanted with Abraham that I would remember his seed forever.



(Book of Mormon
2 Nephi 29:1 - 14)



And it is by faith that my fathers have obtained the promise that these things should come unto their brethren through the Gentiles; therefore the Lord hath commanded me, yea, even Jesus Christ. And I said unto him: Lord, the Gentiles will mock at these things, because of our weakness in writing; for Lord thou hast made us mighty in word by faith, but thou hast not made us mighty in writing; for thou hast made all this people that they could speak much, because of the Holy Ghost which thou hast given them; And thou hast made us that we could write but little, because of the awkwardness of our hands. Behold, thou hast not made us mighty in writing like unto the brother of Jared, for thou madest him that the things which he wrote were mighty even as thou art, unto the overpowering of man to read them. Thou hast also made our words powerful and great, even that we cannot write them; wherefore, when we write we behold our weakness, and stumble because of the placing of our words; and I fear lest the Gentiles shall mock at our words.



And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying: Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness; And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. Behold, I will show unto the Gentiles their weakness, and I will show unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness.



(Book of Mormon
Ether 12:22 - 28)


Now Mr. Walker Lighting, what have you to say about all this? Please show me the references that you say were roughed in by the works of Mark Twain which resulted in such a wonderful work who has become more influential and everlastingly inspiring than any other literary or poetic work. I believe the words of God have caught you in your own craftiness.



He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong. They meet with darkness in the daytime, and grope in the noonday as in the night.



(Old Testament
Job 5:13 - 14)



For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.



(New Testament
1 Corinthians 3:19 - 20)


These words are not mine and as the Lord has said he will also fulfill. Of these things I humbly and foolishly testify in the name of Jesus Christ amen.



And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.



(New Testament
John 14:29 - 30)





Attentively, an unworthy and unlearned servant in the hands of Christ



Miguel Angel Tinoco Rodriguez